Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Requiem





UPS just delivered 4 boxes of my stuff from my former job on this, my 3rd day of unemployment. They woke me up from a sound sleep but that's not the point. Sitting on the floor amongst all my little bits of history made me think of sorting through someone's personal effects when they die. It felt odd and foreign to go through all those things since they already feel like they are relics of an old life that doesn't exist anymore.

Never mind that I hated pretty much everyone and everything about my 9 years at Fucking Douchebags, it's still jarring and yeah, a little sad to not have the rituals that defined my daily life for so long. It feels like a sudden death and I'm already hoping that I go back to feeling normal soon because after all, it was only a job right?

Anyhoozer, enough of this sad sack shit. I've got a city that I've been neglecting to see today.

Later..........

No comments: